Nowadays, in the world of online business, membership sites are popping up all over the internet. And as we know with membership businesses, the name of the game is uniqueness – what will help your business stand out? One way to achieve this is by implementing digital membership cards.
Digital membership cards are yet another way to provide convenience and ease to your customers while staying modern and fresh all at the same time!
In this post, we are going to give you a brief rundown on digital membership cards, how they work, and how they can benefit your small business.
What Exactly is a Digital Membership Card?
A digital membership card is a card that your customers can download, whether that be in the form of a file or an app that details their membership information and other vital details about their account. Digital membership cards can also include discounts and other benefits that your members can easily take advantage of. They can also be customized based on your customers' level of membership, and you can even make your cards send out updates and company information in real-time!
Do companies use these types of membership cards? Of course! Department stores, banks, health insurance companies, universities, and more have begun to use digital membership cards! You could potentially be a user of one and not even realize it!
How Can They Help You Run a Successful Membership Website?
- Members Never Lose Cards – Your membership site customers can rest easy knowing that they have a digital card that they don't have to ever worry about losing or having to replace. This saves both you and your customers a lot of extra work and stress.
- It Saves Money – As we mentioned previously, you don't have to deal with printing and shipping costs related to creating new cards or replacing old ones, so this keeps money in the business!
- It Makes Sharing Updates Easier & More Effective – Having a digital membership card makes it easier for your customers to keep up with new member benefits that your business will add as time goes on. Rather than sending out an email that may or may not be read, you can add the benefit to the membership card, and your customers may be more likely to not only notice the benefit but also to use the benefit!
- It Keeps You Hip – Having a digital membership card also shows your customers that you are keeping up with the times! No one likes a business that is outdated or late to change with updates and trends that could benefit the company. Your customers will respect your desire to update your processes and make things easier for them.
- It Boosts Your Affiliate Marketing – Using digital membership cards, you can allow your users to visit partner companies for their products at discounts using your affiliate codes, which equals more passive income for your business!
Are Digital Membership Cards for Every Membership Business?
Digital cards aren't a bad idea for any membership business, but at the end of the day, you have to go with what works best for your company. Depending on your membership product and what you are offering, a digital card may not work well for you.
For example, if you have an online business idea that includes selling online courses that you have created, then a digital card may not be that useful for you. However, if you are running a membership site for people who enjoy online courses and you offer discounts on courses and class accessories, then you could implement a digital card that contains all of those discounts.
Ways to Create A Digital Membership Card
Digital Card Company
There are several companies out there that have services specifically for creating and implementing cool features for your digital membership card. Some have freemium features and some that are paid, so be sure to diligently research to find out which company fits best with your goals.
Design Your Own or Hire a Graphic Designer
If you are looking for something a bit simpler, a more basic membership card that is digital, you can design something like this yourself and implement it on your membership platform with MemberPress! Set aside some time to design a card or hire a graphic designer to create one for you, and when your members join your website, it can be an automatic download, or you can send it in a welcome email as a fun little surprise!
Hire a Developer
Another way to create a digital membership card with all the bells and whistles is to hire someone to help you with app development! They can help you create a more robust digital membership card that is custom to your needs!
Digital membership cards are a fun way to implement new technology and convenience into your membership business. Although the process of creating a digital card isn't for the faint of heart, they can become a worthy investment.
Does your online business have a digital membership card?