After purchasing MemberPress you can login to MemberPress.com and download the zip file for the plugin. If for some reason you are unable to automatically install the plugin, you can follow these instructions to manually install the plugin using FTP.
- Extract the memberpress.zip file you downloaded earlier, somewhere on your computer
- If you are unsure how to connect to your site using FTP, contact your web host for instructions
- Using your favorite FTP Client (FileZilla is our favorite), connect to your website server
- Copy the extracted /memberpress/ directory from your computer to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory on the remote server
- There are a lot of files so give it some time to complete
- Once it’s done, login to your WordPress dashboard
- Head to Plugins page and click “Activate” below the MemberPress plugin
You should now have a new menu item in the dashboard titled “MemberPress”. Use this menu to configure your membership site.
Note: a common mistake made here is extracting and uploading the plugin with too many folders. The final directory structure should be /wp-content/plugins/memberpress/…files in here. Some users will accidentally install it with an extra memberpress folder like /wp-content/plugins/memberpress/memberpress/…files in here. The latter is incorrect and may cause the plugin to not function normally.