Black Friday is right around the corner, and every small online business owner wants to make sure they can cash in on some of the Black Friday action.
However, Black Friday can be a bit tricky, and developing a plan for your Black Friday promotion can get confusing and overwhelming quickly.
In this post, we'll give you a few tips to help you easily create a solid Black Friday sale for your online business. Let's get started!
Widen Your Target Market
During Black Friday, customers from all backgrounds and walks of life will be looking for great deals for themselves, their friends, and their families. Black Friday is when you'll want to cast your net out as wide as you can.
By now, you probably already know who your target market is, so take that market and expand it a bit. For instance, if you have a membership site that targets moms who love reality TV, by all means, market like crazy to moms!
However, don't be afraid to expand that audience to target married men or dads, for instance. You could market the membership to them as a great Christmas gift for their wives.
Or say your online store sells merchandise that caters to college students. You can still market to college-aged people, but cast your net out wider to target their parents and grandparents.
Make Purchases Easy
It's Black Friday — consumers are looking to get sweet deals with ease. The last thing you want to do is make purchasing your product, service, or subscription a hassle.
Be sure your customers have as many options as possible to complete their purchases. Allow customers to make a purchase directly on Facebook or Instagram.
Create a seamless “one-click” buying option on your website, and give your customers multiple payment options (PayPal, Stripe, Apple Pay, etc.). You never want a customer to second-guess purchasing your product or service due to lack of purchasing options.
Use Social Media to Promote
Be sure to promote your Black Friday sale as often as possible across all of your social media platforms. And don't just rely on organic posts — now's the time to advertise with boosted posts and paid ads. Social media is where a lot of your customers will find your deal, so take advantage of it!
Other great ways to promote on social media are:
- Go live on Facebook and talk about your membership business and your Black Friday deals.
- Partner with influencers, affiliates, or fellow business owners and promote each others' products/services and sales.
- Create a video advertisement and post on all your social platforms and YouTube channel.
- Hire a graphic designer and create stunning content to share on social media.
Promote As Early As Possible
Nowadays, every business is having a Black Friday Sale. It's up to you to develop a strategic marketing plan that will allow you to promote your sale as early as possible, create a deal that is good enough to get your audience excited early, and ensure that they come to you as soon as the sale goes live.
When you layout your Black Friday marketing plans, really take time to consider how your online business can stand out and attract current and potential customers to your sale nice and early.
Make Sure Your Business Is Prepared
Now that you have your marketing strategy laid out, you have your ads ready, and you know your target market, you need to make sure that your website is prepared for a surge in traffic.
- Ensure that your Black Friday landing pages are prepped and ready with all the information customers need to make their purchases. And make sure everything on the pages flows smoothly.
- Install a downtime plugin on your WordPress site to monitor how your online business is handling the surge in traffic.
- Work on optimizing your site so it won't lag while customers are trying to shop.
- Make sure to backup your site before making any significant changes. The last thing you need is for your website to have major issues before a huge sale.
Last but not least, be sure to check out our recent post featuring all the best tools you need to make your Black Friday sale a success.
Black Friday is a big undertaking for online business owners, and it's critical that you have all your ducks in a row before the big day. We hope that the tips we've provided above will help you have the best Black Friday your company has ever seen!