MemberPress is powerful Membership Software. It just so happens to be packaged as a WordPress plugin, so that it runs on your already-existing website or blog.
Not All Membership Software Is Created Equal
Seriously, many membership software solutions can create big issues for a person wanting to build a membership site. Here are just a few of the issues you can run into:
- Too simple to be useful in the long term. Many membership software solutions (particularly free WordPress Membership Plugins) may be good options if your needs are very focused. However, as your membership site gains popularity, a migration to a more sophisticated membership solution is usually necessary. MemberPress can alleviate this issue because it works simply right out of the box. But it's ultra-powerful and built for scalability. So if you start with MemberPress, you can rest assured that you'll be able to handle whatever is thrown your way as you build up your membership site.
- Expensive. Traditionally, membership software has been very expensive. Years ago, it would've cost you $4,000 or more to even get started with a new membership site. Luckily, things aren't that bad nowadays, but many solutions are still quite expensive. A lot of membership software solutions try to mask their true cost by charging per-transaction fees or seemingly low monthly fees. MemberPress' pricing is simple and affordable and includes no hidden fees.
- Harsh limitations. As your membership site grows, you'll start running into restrictive limitations with many Membership software solutions. This is particularly evident with cloud-based or cloud-backed membership software services. These services will typically limit the number of users or subscriptions you can have on your membership site. But because MemberPress is installed on your own WordPress website, we won't ever impose these types of limitations.
- “Bolt-On” Membership Software. An increasing number of membership software solutions are just additions to existing e-commerce packages. Some of these solutions can seem compelling, but when you do a bit of digging, you find that they miss the point of membership sites all-together. They typically just tack on some content protection capabilities to a shopping cart. MemberPress is different; its not just a modified shopping cart. It's engineered from the ground up to give you the tools you need to create a professional membership site and to keep your members engaged.
- Poor Support. Regardless of the membership software you use, you're gonna need support. Building and managing a membership site can be intense, and having help available is critical. Many membership solutions offer bad support or, in some cases (as with some free WordPress plugins), none at all. MemberPress' support team is unwavering and ready to help in whatever way they can to get your membership site humming.
- Data Lock In. Some membership software solutions will actually hold your membership site data hostage. And that's really bad for you. Data lock in is typically only a problem with proprietary, cloud-based solutions but should be avoided at all costs. If you can't get a portable copy of your data from your membership software solution, it makes it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to switch to a new solution. Because MemberPress is installed on your own WordPress website, the data resides on your database as well. This means you always have access to your data and, therefore, the ability to do whatever you want with it.
- Completely Unstable. Many membership software solutions are either custom, unmaintained, or just poorly written. MemberPress is robust, scalable, and undergoing active development. You can rest assured that your subscriptions will update properly, your members' access will be accurate, and that you'll get security updates and bug fixes regularly.
MemberPress Is Powerful Membership Software That Installs On Your WordPress Website
As you can see from the common pitfalls of many membership software solutions, having a solution like MemberPress that installs on your website is critical. The ability to install MemberPress on your own WordPress website translates into the following benefits:
- MemberPress pages will conform to the theme of your website by default. You'll have full control over what your members see and how they interact with your membership site.
- MemberPress is powerful membership software. Don't let the fact that MemberPress is a WordPress membership plugin fool you. It's more powerful than most cloud-based or hosted membership services and other membership plugins.
- MemberPress won't limit you. You can have an unlimited number of users, products, and everything else!
- MemberPress data is always available because it's all stored on your website. There's no need to worry about data lock in. You're in control.
- MemberPress is robust. We built MemberPress from the ground up to be stable (first and foremost) and to grow with your membership site.
MemberPress is a powerful, easy-to-use, great choice for anyone starting a membership site.