MemberPress is a top-notch membership plugin for WordPress and makes it easy to protect and charge for content on a WordPress site. MemberPress is a full-featured and flexible solution that makes it possible to create almost any type of membership site!
Our Ideal Jr. Copywriter Candidate:
You might only have one or two years of professional writing experience, but you know darn well you’ve got what it takes to become a next-level senior copywriter someday. While you hate to brag, you know you’re a talented writer because, well, everybody’s always told you that. You were the kid whose paper the teacher read aloud to the class because it was just that awesome. You were the kid who got in trouble for staying up too late because you had to finish just one more chapter in the book. You might not be able to name the names of all the grammar rules, but you’ve somehow always known how to follow them. You’re a natural.
As a Jr. Copywriter at MemberPress, you’ll be responsible for writing copy for product and promotional campaigns, evergreen content, and ad hoc projects as needed with a focus on social, digital, and email copy. You’ll have to be strategic, creative, communicative, detail-oriented, and flexible with a desire to develop 360 campaign skills and learn how to message strategically while maintaining our brand voice and style. You’ll need the ability to navigate with professionalism under tight deadlines and evolving project directions. You’ll need to welcome constructive criticism and be unflinching in the face of a complete directional change. You might not know all the tools, but you’ll have to be willing to jump right in and learn to use them. You’ll be a proactive and adaptable self-starter reporting to the Growth Manager.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you join our remote team today!
Join our remote team today!
- Write social, digital, and email assets for content and campaigns.
- Support campaign development as needed.
- Ensure the brand voice is maintained across all assets.
- Partner cross-functionally to represent the Editorial Team.
- Write and edit blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- See assignments through completion from conception and research to publishing.
- Work with the team to make requested edits throughout the editorial process.
- Do keyword research to identify target keywords and use your research to plan, structure, and write the content.
- Proactively self-manage and prioritize your workload to keep the content calendar on schedule with minimal oversight.
- Monitor SEO rankings and optimize previous posts to boost traffic and conversions.
- Work with the developers to write new feature announcements.
- Write email newsletters and send them using ActiveCampaign.
- Proactively provide creative input in discussions and collaborate towards a higher quality finished product or better idea.
- Proactively communicate so effectively that other involved team members never wonder what the status is on your activities.
- Experience. 1-4 years copywriting/editorial experience.
- WordPress. You have experience and are comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, changing post status and scheduling posts, installing and configuring plugins, basic WordPress troubleshooting, etc.
- Writing and Editing. You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational blog-style tone. You can edit your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Research. You have experience researching online and know how to evaluate the reliability and suitability of your sources.
- Image Editing. You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic SEO. You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing.
- Basic HTML. You can use the text editor in WordPress to add links and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, etc. with HTML.
- Time Management. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. We have a small team so each member has a lot of responsibility and a lot of involvement in the direction our company takes.
The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
- Team spirit. Creative ideas and active involvement with the team are vital to the growth of our company. We need team members who are able to take criticism, collaborate with others, and effectively communicate.
- A reliable work environment. We are a remote team, so you'll need a reliable high-speed internet connection in your home/office.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application below.