When you are writing blog posts for your membership site, you want to make sure that your readers can quickly and conveniently share your content on social media platforms like Twitter, right?
One excellent way to accomplish this is by creating a Click to Tweet link in your blog post!
In this post, we are going to show you how to create a Click to Tweet link in your membership site's blog content and how it can help give your content a boost!
What is a Click to Tweet Link?
A Click to Tweet link is a CTA that automatically creates a pre-made tweet for you to share on your profile to your audience. It makes sharing even more easy for your audience because the tweet is already put together for them – they don't have to worry about adding extra copy or information to the tweet if they don't want to. All they have to do is click the link and tweet! Easy as that!
Do You Have to Know Code to Create a Click to Tweet Link?
You do NOT have to be a coding genius to create a Click-To-Tweet link. Creating these links is as simple as going to the Click to Tweet website and creating an account. Once you are on the site, you decide what you want people to Tweet and the content you wish to put in the tweet. If you have a membership site on WordPress, it's as simple as downloading a free plugin onto your website. Once that's done, you don't have to do anything else but add it to your blog post. It can't get much easier than that!
Are These Links Worth It?
Click to Tweet links are SO worth it! As we stated earlier, these links allow your blog readers to share a specific portion of your content easily on Twitter. These links allow you, the online business, to control the narrative and promote your content the way YOU want to. This is more attractive to readers because they don't have to do any work to share!
These links are also another great way to increase blog traffic and brand awareness. The more people see a specific piece of content from your business that relates to them, the better. And just think about how much ground you could cover if you could give your content to hundreds of your customers, telling them, “This is how we want you to promote this, and this is what we want you to say.” You're doing exactly that with these links! You can control how people are sharing the content, and you can even track the activity of these tweets with the website's built-in analytics.
How to Create a Click to Tweet Link on clicktotweet.com (Quick Step-by-Step Guide)
- First, go to www.clicktotweet.com and create an account using your Twitter profile.
- Go to your account dashboard and create your tweet. Here you can also choose to “Track Click Stats,” which means that they will track all clicks on this tweet, or Track Links in this Tweet,” which means that they'll shorten the links in your tweet and give stats on that link. You can also choose both.
- Click “Generate New Link.”
- You can now paste just the link itself or the embed code on any of your blog posts for sharing!
How to Create a Click to Tweet Link with the Click To Tweet WordPress Plugin (Quick Step-by-Step Guide)
- Go to Plugins>>Add New
- Go to the search bar and type in “Click to Tweet.”
- Once you find the plugin, click “Install” and then “Activate.”
- Go to Settings>>Click to Tweet to login and start configuring your account.
- Now when you are writing a post, you will notice a little bird in your editor. Highlight the text you want to include in the link and click the bird.
- You will then be able to configure and customize the link as you wish!
BONUS: Click to Tweet also has a Google Chrome Extension that works the same way!
How to Make Your Links Work For You
There are a few key things to keep in mind so you can make sure that you are making the best of these links:
- Write a great blog post. Creating these links is all fine and dandy, but if your blog post isn't any good, you're just wasting your time. Ensure that your blog post is solid and something that your audience actually wants.
- Stick to the blog topic. If you are adding this link to a blog post, make sure that the Click-To-Tweet link is relevant to what the blog post is about. No one wants to get excited about reading a post about a specific topic, only to discover that it's some unrelated click-bait.
- Include a strong part of your post in the tweet. Look for a significant point that is being made in your blog post and make it a selling point for your tweet. For instance, if your blog post is about time management, your tweet link could say something like, “This is how I was able to get back three extra hours of my day…”
- Use Analytics. There's no point in testing out these links for their effectiveness if you aren't going to look at your analytics. Each time you create a link, be sure to monitor it so you can track its progress and see how it works for your content. Does it help your traffic? Are specific posts getting more clicks than others? You will learn these things by keeping up with the data given to you.
- Don't overload readers with links. We want you to take advantage of these links because they are excellent CTAs; However, don't fill your blog posts will all of these links. 2-3 links are the sweet spot, don't go beyond that amount or else you will turn your readers off.
How Much Is Click to Tweet?
Click to Tweet has a free version, but they also have three other paid plans that offer more options and features:
- Standard – This plan is FREE for up to 5 links. You also get auto URL shortening and link tracking.
- Pro – This plan is $4.97 per month. Under this plan, you get unlimited links, along with everything in the standard plan.
- Expert – This plan is just $49.70 per year! Under this plan, you get all of the standard and pro features, but you actually get two free months!
- Enterprise – Need a little bit more? Are you managing multiple membership site blogs? The enterprise plan allows you to manage up to 10 different Click to Tweet Accounts (you can purchase additional accounts in groups of 10 for $99) with all of the bells and whistles for $499 per year.
Whether you are looking to create more productive, shareable content for your personal blog or small business blog, Click to Tweet is a tool you should consider adding to your arsenal.
This tool is a great way to not only share your blog posts, but it can also be used to share guest posts, online courses, information about your membership model, and much more. If you want to work towards creating a successful membership site this year, it is a good idea to explore tools such as these and implement them into your small business' marketing strategy.
Do you use Click to Tweet? How has it helped your blog?