For quite some time easier Downloadable File management has been one of the most requested features in MemberPress. Today we’re releasing a new Add-On called MemberPress Downloads that does just that!
This simple Add-On will make it possible to easily provide downloadable Files to your members. You can simply upload files to your WordPress website, to provide downloadable links to those files (even images), track the number of times your users download them and will allow you to protect the files using MemberPress Rules!
Now, it is true that you can use MemberPress already to protect standalone files but this feature can be impossible to use with some web servers and/or web server configurations. Plus, it’s not able to track the number of downloads on the files. MemberPress Downloads solves both of these problems.
First of all, MemberPress Downloads should work on almost every web host and most webserver configurations. No need to worry about running a specific webserver or adding custom .htaccess rules or configuring stuff the right way — if you can upload files to WordPress then you can use MemberPress Downloads!
MemberPress Downloads also creates unique URLs to each of your uploaded files which allows them to be protected & tracked.
- Install MemberPress Downloads by clicking the install link at“MemberPress”->“Activate”->“Add-Ons”
- Create a new Downloadable File at“MP Downloads”->“Files”->“Add New”
- Upload your File & Click Publish
- Protect your File by creating rules at“MemberPress”->“Rules”->“Add New”
Now that you’ve got your file uploaded into MemberPress Downloads you can:
- Copy the URL to your File & View # of Downloads
- Organize your File using Categories & Tags
This is just the beginning of MemberPress Downloads too! We’ve got a lot more plans for this awesome new Add-On!