Pricing, web design, marketing. All of these are factors that are important for the success of your membership site. However, what is ultimately the single factor that impacts your customers directly and helps them determine whether or not they want to continue to support your online business? Value!
Gone are the days of wonder when people would find a niche site and join just because. We are now in the days of “show me,” where the proof needs to be in the pudding before customers spend valuable dollars on your membership business!
So, how do you know if your membership site is truly valuable? How can you make it worth your customers’ while? In this post, we are going to answer these questions and give you the tools to ensure that your membership site customers are getting their bang for their buck!
How Do I Know If I Am Providing Value In My Membership Site?
If you aren’t exactly sure if your membership site is valuable, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Are You Helping Your Members Solve A Problem? Typically when you create a membership site, you create it for a specific reason, whether that be to help people save money, give baseball card collectors an outlet to showcase their cards, or to provide people with tutorials on how to manage WordPress. Whatever the reason may be, you need to ask yourself, are you helping them? Are your classes effective? Is your content relevant?
- Do You Know Who Your Customers Are? Before you can even start creating content, you need to know who it is that you are aiming to serve. If you have a well-developed understanding of who your customers are, you should be able to craft your content and membership benefits around that information.
- How Much Are You Charging? It’s a good idea to look at your membership pricing while you analyze your membership site’s value. Are you charging too much? Are you giving too much for free?
- How Do Your Membership Customers Feel? Sometimes the best way to measure the value of your membership site is by going directly to the source – your customers! Talk to some of your oldest and most loyal customers and see how they feel about your online business and see what they have to say about it.
If you have asked yourself all of these questions and gotten positive results, then you’ve done a great job in offering value in your membership site! If your results or customer feedback weren’t so great, then you have some work to do. Either way, there is always room to grow, no matter what type of membership site you have.
How to Successfully Offer (More) Value To Your Membership Customers
- Find Out What Your Audience Wants and Give it To Them. If you build a membership site for people who love to travel, offer them discounts on trips. Perhaps your membership site offers online courses — offer them extra study material or virtual group study sessions. Think about the needs and wants of your customers and try to incorporate that into your membership.
- Give Your Members A Platform. Another great way to add more value to your membership is by giving your members a platform and the opportunity to promote themselves. Offer your members a chance to be featured on your blog or social platforms, congratulate them when they complete an advanced course, or invite them for an interview on your YouTube page. By showing your customers their value, they will value your online business.
- Offer More Opportunities To Engage. Any opportunity to engage with other members of your site is always valuable. Whether this is through blog comments, live videos, email, you can never go wrong with a little engagement!
- Make Your Members Feel Like VIP. Giving your members early access or exclusive access to new features and offers in your membership site is a great way to add more value to your membership. This makes your customers feel important and show that you value your members and their loyalty.
- Offer Rewards. Everyone loves being rewarded, so why not include this in your member offerings? This can be anything from a free t-shirt to free membership for a certain amount of time. Rewards give your customers something to look forward to.
- Be Present And Available. Allow yourself to be available to your customers. You don’t have to give them your phone number and email, but at least let them know that you are a real person and that your team is a real group of people who care. Showing that you are present and available to talk with customers when they need you is another sure sign of a valuable membership.
When you start an online business, such as a membership site, value is everything at the end of the day. No matter how fancy your membership may be or how complex your website is, when it is all said and done, customers gravitate towards the most valuable offer. If you keep our tips in mind, your online business will be sure to grow!
What do you do to provide value in your membership site?