With an online business, such as a membership site, search engines are a significant source of traffic and customers. That's why it's important to ensure that your website is SEO-friendly, enabling it to rank higher in the search results.
In this post, we'll share with five great SEO WordPress plugins you can use to help you do just that. Let's get started!
First up is All In One SEO Pack. This WordPress plugin is simple and feature-rich, offering a ton of bells and whistles designed to help your membership website succeed.
All In One SEO Pack can generate an XML sitemap for you, which makes it easier for search engines (such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo) to crawl your site. It also gives you the option to add Open Graph metadata to your posts.
You can take advantage of the following additional helpful features with this top-notch plugin:
- File editor
- Bad bot blocker
- Import and export SEO data
- Performance manager
All In One SEO Pack has a free version and a paid version with three license levels:
- Individual – $79 per year; covers one site
- Business – $139 per year; covers up to ten sites
- Agency – $699 per year; covers an unlimited number of sites
Each All In One SEO Pack Pro version comes with the following features:
- Advanced support for WooCommerce
- SEO and social meta for categories, tags, and custom taxonomies
- Support for Google Tag Manager
- Advanced Google Analytics tracking
- Video SEO module
- Greater control over display settings
- Ad free (no banner adverts)
- Access to video screencasts
- Access to premium support forums
- Access to knowledge center
Yoast SEO is another excellent, easy-to-use, and popular WordPress SEO plugin to consider for your WordPress site.
This plugin lets you add SEO titles and descriptions to all of your posts and pages. It also allows you to add social media images to your articles.
Another great thing about Yoast SEO is that it automatically creates an XML sitemap for your website, just as All In One SEO Pack does. Additionally, it allows you to easily import your SEO data from another SEO plugin.
Yoast also has a number of other really cool SEO products for online businesses:
- Yoast Local SEO – For websites looking to serve and target a more local audience.
- Yoast Video SEO – For online businesses seeking a boost in their video search rank.
- Yoast News SEO – For online businesses that have a news section and need a boost in their ranking.
- WooCommerce SEO – For websites or online stores that want better search engine performance.
Yoast SEO has both a free and premium version. One site under Yoast SEO Premium is $89 per year and includes features such as internal linking suggestions, a redirect manager, a clear overview of your focus keywords and SEO scores, and more.
Next up is Squirrly. This plugin is gradually gaining popularity with online business owners.
SEO Squirrly offers stats, weekly audits, and keyword assistance. And the cool thing is that you can use this plugin alongside other tools, including Yoast SEO.
With Squirrly, you can get SEO related stats and weekly SEO audits and find the best keywords to help your site gain more traffic. Squirrly also gives you real-time advice to help you write stronger articles.
The plugin does have a free version. However, if you want more features, such as blogging audits, keyword research, copyright-free images, and more, you'll need to purchase Squirrly Pro, which is $29.99 a month and covers up to seven websites.
Next up is WordPress plugin Rank Math. This plugin hosts an all-in-one system that serves your membership site to the fullest without slowing it down.
Rank Math has a simple interface and a setup wizard that will guide you through implementing it on your website.
The plugin features include 404 monitoring, Google Analytics integration, WooCommerce SEO, internal/external link counter, custom breadcrumbs, and much more.
Rank Math has free and paid versions starting at $59 per month.
SEOPress is another excellent tool you can use to boost your SEO and gain valuable traffic for your business.
Like the other plugins we've mentioned, SEOPress offers XML sitemaps, Open Graph data, and more. It also includes an installation wizard for easy setup on your membership site.
The free version of SEOPress offers a lot of great features that some other SEO plugins may not offer without a paid subscription:
- Installation wizard
- Titles and metas
- XML sitemap
- HTML sitemap
- Google knowledge graph
- Open Graph
- Twitter card
- Content analysis
- Google Analytics (GDPR ready)
- Google Tag Manager (GDPR ready)
- Import / export settings
- Import Yoast SEO / All In One / Rank Math / SEO Framework / Squirrly post, and terms metadatas
- Redirect attachments to post parent or file URL
- No ads
- No footprints
- No anonymous data collection
- White label via hooks
- Intuitive interface
At $39 per year, the paid version of SEOPress offers these additional benefits:
- Import and export SEO metadata from a CSV file
- Google XML video sitemap
- Google Structured Data Types
- Custom schemas (manual or automatic)
- Google Local Business
- Google Suggest
- Dublin Core
- Redirections 301
- Google Analytics stats in dashboard
- Google Page Speed
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Google News sitemap
- 404 monitoring
- SEOPress BOT
- Manage default WordPress RSS
- URL rewriting
- White Label from WP admin
Ensuring that your membership website is SEO-friendly can make a huge difference in your business' success. That's why it's important to determine which WordPress SEO plugin works best for you. We hope that this post will help you on your quest!