MemberPress is a top-notch membership plugin for WordPress and makes it easy to protect and charge for content on a WordPress site. MemberPress is a full-featured and flexible solution that makes it possible to create almost any type of membership site!
We want all of our users to succeed, by continuing to offer innovative ways of solving their problems. Whether it's new add-ons or unit tests, improving existing features, or fixing bugs, it all helps.
We hope you'll join our remote team.
- Troubleshoot issues and create detailed bug reports. This will include about 1-2 hours of support per day.
- Develop WordPress plugins primarily using PHP.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- When tickets are escalated, answer technical support questions about MemberPress in our help desk.
- Continue learning and building on your programming languages in order to provide the best customer experience in the tech industry and contribute to our plugins.
- Bring new ideas to the team in order to help our business continue to grow.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- These skills aren't required but are a plus: Experience with payment gateway API's such as Stripe & PayPal, PHP frameworks like Laravel & Symfony, hosted Web-App platforms like Heroku and of course, experience developing with any of our products.
- Experience using Git
- Great English writing skills. You'll be writing and communicating with clients and other team members primarily in writing. Clear and effective communication is key.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. We have a small team so each member has a lot of responsibility and a lot of involvement in the direction our company takes.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Ability to use and extend build tools like webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as NPM.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Creative ideas and involvement with our clients fuel the growth of our company. We also need team members who are able to efficiently find answers to their questions.
- A dependable work environment. Since you'll be working from home, you'll need a reasonably fast computer and a reliable high speed internet connection.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application below.