If you are a membership site owner, chances are that you already have a working membership site. You have all of the content, a place for pricing, a contact page, and maybe even excellent support. You have all the makings of an excellent membership site, right?
It's great that you have all the basics, but how is your membership website's design?
Your website's design is one of the most important aspects of your business. Having a good website design can be the thing that will push your membership site ahead of all of the competition! However, if your website's design isn't so great, you'll easily turn off customers and be left behind.
Not sure if your membership website's design is on par? If not, how can it be corrected? Lucky for you, MemberPress has all the answers!
Why Is Your Membership Website's Design So Important?
Your membership website's design is important because it's your online storefront and the first impression that potential customers may have of your business. If you make a bad first impression, you've just lost a customer. Make a great first impression and not only will you gain a customer, but you will also more than likely gain referrals to your website from that customer too, which gives you even more sales in the long run.
Building Blocks Of An Attractive Membership Website
What exactly are some qualities of an attractive website that will keep your membership site visitors engaged and ready to buy? Check out our list of the basic things your website needs in order to be attractive to your customers.
- Clear Branding – When a customer visits your membership site, will they be able to clearly see the name of the company? Where is the logo? What about your brand's colors? Customers should never have to question the basics around your business when they visit your membership site.
- Fast – No one likes a slow website. If your membership site takes too long to load, your customers will leave your site and move on to another membership site, no questions asked.
- Easy Navigation – There is nothing worse than having to dig and search harder than you want to for information or content on a website. Are your services clear? Can they easily contact you? Making sure that your site is simple, easy to navigate, and has a clear menu, you're set to go!
- Eye-Catching Visuals – It's perfectly fine for your website to be simple, but it's easy to walk away from a boring website. Use video, bright images, eye-popping CTAs, and more to attract your customers and increase conversions.
- Solid Content – Ensure that your membership website copy doesn't contain any grammar or spelling errors and that your content isn't yawn-worthy. Does your blog help you teach your audience and build your credibility? And an added bonus is if your content helps your Google rank.
My Current Web Design Doesn't Fit The Bill. What Should I Do?
If you go through our list and realize that your membership website needs work, here are a few things you can do to improve your website:
- Readjust Your Focus – Sometimes it can be easy to be so immersed in your business that you forget who your business is for, and this is no different when it comes to your membership website! When designing your site, think of your ideal member. How old are they? What interests them? What attracts them? If you remember who you are creating the membership site for, you will be able to better serve them with your website.
- Audit & Optimize Your Website – Your website taking forever to load? Blog less-than-stellar? Pages not showing up as they should? Take some time to really rake through your membership site and document the changes that need to be made. Then go in and find a great plugin to optimize your membership site, edit your blog posts, and work on your pages.
- Ask For Opinions – Sometimes it can be hard to see your own mistakes, so perhaps call a friend of one of your most loyal membership site customers and ask them for feedback on your site. Having fresh eyes, especially if they are one of your customers, helps you see things in a new light and see what works for your customers and how you can improve in other areas.
Building a website for your membership business is no small feat, but if you keep our tips in mind you will be sure to have a successful membership site that is attractive to your customers!