Having an online business isn't an easy job. You put a ton of time and energy into everything that you do.
However, entrepreneurship can sometimes be a lonely road, and it's easy to catch yourself wondering if you're cut out for this life.
One remedy to this problem would be starting a mastermind group!
Building a mastermind group is a great way to bring together like-minded people, help everyone reach their goals, and make some money in the process! But how can this be done?
In this post, we are going to show you how to create and run your own mastermind group with MemberPress!
What Exactly Is A Mastermind Group?
A mastermind group is a group of individuals that come together to mentor and help each other solve their problems, whether it be in business, their personal lives, or whatever the group may choose to focus on or discuss.
These groups are not centered around one specific person – all members are supporting each other. There may be a facilitator to help guide the conversation or give the group tools to help one another better. Still, the group is not focused on that individual; the group is focused on all members equally.
What Are The Benefits Of A Mastermind Group?
- Different Ideas and Opinions – The great thing about being in a mastermind group is that you have access to many different thoughts and opinions to aid you in solving your problems.
- Location Flexibility – Another cool thing about being in a mastermind group is the fact that your members can be from anywhere around the globe, thanks to the internet.
- Abundant Access to Resources – With a group of like-minded people in your corner, you are more likely to have access to a larger pool of resources. This will give you a more extensive network of trusted individuals, support, and tools for you to take advantage of!
- Maintaining Focus – With a mastermind group, you have regular meetings and check-ins, as well as specific benchmarks and tasks. This will keep you and your fellow group members accountable and more likely to stay on track towards what you all are trying to accomplish.
How To Start Creating Your Mastermind Group
Creating a mastermind group takes a bit of planning initially, but once all of that is out of the way, implementing your ideas into MemberPress will make executing your mastermind group a breeze!
Choose Your Main Topic
The first thing you want to do is decide on what you want the main topic of your mastermind group to be about. This can be anything from personal development to business to marketing. Choose whatever is most important to you that you feel you need this mastermind group for or that you feel you could help others with as your main topic.
Consider Potential Members
You can't have a mastermind group without other minds in the group, right? Consider your audience first. Ask yourself: would they benefit from my mastermind group's main topic? What is their schedule like? How old are they? Get an idea of who your ideal mastermind group member is and then move on to the next step.
Create Group Rules
There always needs to be some guidance about how things should flow within the group, so it is a good idea to establish some of these rules in the very beginning.
Rules to include:
- How involved members need to be to stay in the group
- How long the meetings should be and how often meetings will take place
- How members should talk to one another
- How meetings will run
Granted, as your group forms and develops, more rules will have to be added, and that's okay! Mapping out these rules in the beginning will keep you organized and better equipped to launch your group.
Choose Your Tools
Next, you will want to determine what tools you and your mastermind group members will need to be successful. This includes anything from video conferencing tools, email software, file sharing tools, and the type of website you will need (which is a WordPress site with MemberPress, of course!).
Determine A Price
Creating the mastermind group, offering the resources and tools, and building this valuable resource to people is worth something, so you want to make sure that you are charging the right price for your work. Membership pricing can vary from membership program to membership program, but you should take your time on this.
Where Does MemberPress Come In?
Now that you understand why mastermind groups are so great and how to get started, how can you create a mastermind group within MemberPress on your WordPress website? It's actually a lot easier than you think!
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and click MemberPress > Memberships. Then, at the top of the page, click “Add New.”
- This will lead you to a page where you can create your membership. Here you can input your membership title, price, and payment interval.
- Once you have completed the information about your membership, click “Publish.”
- If you plan to have different membership levels for your group, all you have to do is complete steps 1-3 for each level.
- After that, navigate to the MemberPress > Rules. This is where you will restrict some or all of your content for mastermind group members only. Once you are done there, click “Save.”
- As with your memberships, if you'd like to create more rules, simply repeat step 5.
Still having trouble? Click here to see a step-by-step video of the process.
As you can see, creating a mastermind group is a valuable way to build community, help others reach their goals, and earn passive income. And, thanks to MemberPress, the process doesn't have to be complicated! We hope that the tips and information provided in this post will help you get on your way towards a thriving and successful business!
Have you ever been in a mastermind group? How did it help you reach your personal and/or business goals? Tell us in the comments below!